Monday, October 29, 2007

The CN Pensioners

In 2004 I was introduced to Robert Trainor president of CN Pensioners Association Council #9 after meeting with Ron Mac Neil Tourism PEI and Frank Butler executive director PEIHMF.

"I am a content creator and I have an idea to tell a story about the PEI Railway and Canada's history." I told them.
"My story is about Canada's Confederation."
"It is also a story about the remaining Prince Edward Island Railroad workers and their hope to preserve and protect the heritage of Prince Edward Island railway workers."

I have watched Charlottetown grow and change over the last twenty three years and I have watched as the railway has disappeared with out a trace to tell the railway workers stories.
It pisses me off to think that such a workforce could be buried in such a short time an what is most alarming to me is the lack of concern for this cultural high jacking that is taking place along the railway line..

I am hoping to prevent this from happening and I am dedicated to helping the CN Pensioners preserve and protect this valuable piece of Canada's history for Future Generations.

This blog is set up to tell this story.
To create a opportunity to share information.
trainstories@yahoo.ca


No comments: